Tuesday, August 12, 2014

It's not just about taking down the crib..... The Story in Today Project.

She's almost 3 and it's getting to be that time. We've had this crib since my almost 15 year old was a baby. I find myself very emotional thinking about taking it down because it's not just about taking down the crib.

It's about everything else it means too.

It's about the end of the child bearing years. It's about my baby no longer being a baby. It's about never going to the hospital again and experiencing the absolute miracle of birth and holding a new human being in my arms and feeling more love than I could ever imagine. It reminds me that all of my kids are growing up and elicits fear of not knowing if I've done enough for them with all the mistakes I've made as a parent.

It's about moving on to the next stage of life....

Cali was falling asleep on the living room floor yesterday.  It seems like every time I don't put her down for her nap and figure I can just put her to bed early, she ends up falling asleep somewhere. I picked her up and carried her into her crib. She woke up a bit and I told her to go back to sleep. I decided to take these pictures.

Here's to the next stage of life....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive