Monday, February 27, 2012

Disclaimer

I've just been thinking about a few things and wanted to make sure I put these thoughts out there.

As I journal on this blog, I hope that I don't portray that I am being this perfect mom who makes blankets and teddy bears for her kids everyday. This is not the case AT. ALL. In fact the opposite might be more true. I have recently realized that I am not the mom that I want to be. I want to change the kind of mom I've been. I'm trying to do better. I'm sharing my tryings. Journaling with other people viewing makes me feel a little more accountable for the things I say and do:). Thinking of things I could journal about helps me do good things. I've decided to keep my journaling positive. This does not mean that we don't have problems at our house. We do. Everyone does. It would be exhausting for you to read them and really for me to write them all the time. So, I will stay mostly positive. I believe I can still document positive realness. Most of the negative realness, I may not want to remember, and I won't want my kids to remember. If it is something I want to document, I will most likely keep it on my private journal.

I have never felt like a deep thinker. I feel like I have just kind of been living more on the surface. Lately, I've just felt differently. There is a lot more to life than just getting by. I don't want to die and realize that I just got by. I don't want to have any more regrets. So, I'm trying harder. I think that "trying" is so important. It's hard to not let discouragement get the best of us. I don't believe discouragement comes from God. I hope that the things I write in this journal will be uplifting, encouraging, and inspiring. I have been uplifted, encouraged, and inspired by things others have written and I appreciate it so much.

Journaling helps me think more deeply. It helps me see things differently. I absolutely love thinking about words and experiences I can share on this blog. I hope that it uplifts you.

The next post is a talk that I gave in church about journaling and family history. I know it is long, but I hope you will read it.

When is the last time you journaled? Has it been a little while? You could start today. Go for it. You'll be glad you did. Your children will be glad you did:).

On a side note: #3 on my list of things I want for 2012
I want to start giving my happy smile more often to all my kids and my husband, not just my baby. :) Smiles can make all of difference can't they!

Go ahead, smile your biggest smile today, no matter what the circumstances are:).

Thanks honey, for capturing this:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive